Team Leader – Housekeeping – Jumeirah Al Qasr
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Al Naseem, and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses known as Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there’s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting center, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Team Leader to join Housekeeping Department in Al Qasr Hotel.
Your main duties will include:
- Always provides courteous and professional service.
- Liaises and cooperate with front office to ensure all areas are ready as per the needs of the department.
- Liaise and cooperate with the engineering department for all maintenance repairs to be done in the various areas.
- Completes daily checks of all guest rooms on allocated section and report discrepancies found.
- Checks VIP rooms prior to guest arrival and thereafter daily to ensure that the standard is maintained for the duration of the guest stay.
- Ensures that pantries are properly stocked with linen, guest supplies, cleaning supplies according to the established par stock.
- Ensures all deep cleaning programmes are carried out as per set schedules.
- Understands and adheres to all fire safety procedures.
- Carries out other duties assigns by the Executive Housekeeper/ Housekeeping Manager.
- Is aware of the company’s Quality Policy, Vision, Mission Statement, Guiding Principles and Hallmarks and ensures that these are put into practice in our daily work activities.
- Control department forms and records according to the Jumeirah standards for Document Control.
- To train and coach all housekeeping attendants according to the monthly training plan set-up by the departmental trainer.
- Assists in all inventories, which are conducted on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Allocates room to housekeeping attendants according to the system implemented in the hotel.
- Ensures that a complete handover is done at the end of every shift, logging any relevant information or requests.
- At Least 2 years experience in 5-star Luxury Hotel in Housekeeping as a room attendant
- Basic knowledge of Opera – housekeeping
- Guest interaction experience
- Familiar with the chemicals and equipment used in Housekeeping
- Diploma in Hotel Operations
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
Intermediate level of written and verbal business English
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation allowance, life insurance, functional incentives, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.