Accountant Grade 1 (2 Posts)
Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is making reforms in its structure, internal operations and staffing to accommodate business needs. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions: –
POSITION: Accountant Grade 1 (2 Posts)
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE
- Must have Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking or its equivalent from recognized academic institutions
- Must have Professional Qualifications (CPA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Must have at least three (3) years working experience in a competitive business environment
- Knowledge in the accounting information system, experience in inventory accounting and relevant airline experience will be an added advantage
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Record inventories (spare parts) in the accounting system
- Reclassify inventories to match with company chart of accounts
- Reconcile accounting records against store physical inventories
- Reconcile accounting records against procurement records
- Undergo monthly inventories stock taking, reconciliation, and valuation
- Advise Finance manager on the provision of obsolete stocks and pass appropriate adjustments
- Analyze business risks associated with inventory management and proposed remedial actions to financial manager
- Support internal and external auditing on inventory accounting
- Comply with financial regulations and accounting standard in reporting, classifying, and disclosure of inventory accounting
- Verify and process invoices into the system
- Perform monthly suppliers’ reconciliation
- Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval
- Calculate, post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization
- Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for files
- Prepare vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, item description, amounts and coding per accounting policies and procedures
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Maintaining historical records by handling accruals and prepayments
- Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
- Perform any other duties may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Five (5) years contract with remuneration and fringe benefits as per ATCL Scales and Incentive Scheme
- Interested applicants must submit a dully signed letter for consideration of the application attached with the following:-
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV),
- Certified copies of all certificates (including secondary school), birth certificate and other relevant certificates/ licenses. Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities Tanzania Commission for University (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA)
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Name and address of at least two reputable referees;
- Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone number.
- Note: Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
The application letters should reach the undersigned within fourteen (14) days from the first date of this announcement.
The application letters should be directed to the following address: –
MANAGING DIRECTOR AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 543,
DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submitting the application is 27 December 2021.