Administrator – Culinary – Jumeirah Emirates Towers
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
An architectural masterpiece, Jumeirah Emirates Towers offers luxurious experiences in the heart of UAE’s most dynamic city. Soaring high above the central business and commercial district, Jumeirah Emirates Towers is a dramatic backdrop to Dubai’s skyline and a visible statement of the region’s growing corporate success. Comprising two equilateral triangles, this landmark structure is home to an Office Tower, Hotel Tower and shopping Boulevard. The hotel encompasses 400 spacious rooms and suites, 15 world-class restaurants and bars, Talise Fitness, Talise Spa as well as elite shopping and lifestyle attractions at the Boulevard, a prestigious retail destination. The award-winning hotel has multiple venues for inspiring events including the grand Godolphin Ballroom and 16 meeting rooms.
About the Job:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Administrator to join the Culinary department in Jumeirah Emirates Towers. The main purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth operation of the department in-charge by optimising the use of materials and manpower. Responsible for the continuous improvement and control of administrative systems and regulatory obligations of the Culinary department. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Perform all secretarial and administrative duties to the standards required in order to ensure the smooth operation of the administration office.
- Communicate efficiently with all colleagues in the department in order to ensure an efficient flow of information to and from the administration office.
- Handle and direct all enquiries to the appropriate person.
- Carrying out all administrative HACCP related duties.
- Carrying out the roster/working time record recordings.
- Ensure proper requisitioning and controlling of office supplies.
- Receive all incoming mail and distribute them accordingly.
- Receive all incoming documents and to distribute them accordingly.
- Update the Kitchen Manning List on a regular basis and to submit reports to the Executive Chef and Executive Sous-Chef.
- Assist all Kitchen staff hired by the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef and Human Resources department with administrative matters, (e.g. Visas, C.V., Passport)
- Prepare various reports, documents and forms when required.
- Taking dictation, transcribing, typing confidential documentation, keeping confidential material.
- Maintain all assigned kitchen’s record books or systems.
- In liaison with the Administration Manager, design and maintain a system to ensure the kitchen offices comply with the Jumeirah International Quality Management System.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department.
- Maintain appropriate records of colleagues’ personal files (i.e ID Cards, Health Cards, Hygiene Certificates, etc).
- Ensure up-to-date copies of department SOP’s are maintained at all times.
- Communicate new or amended procedures to relevant departments/colleagues in a timely manner ensuring they have been understood.
- Ensure compliance with all health, hygiene, security, safety and fire regulations.
- Take responsibility for own development and education.
- Communicate in a professional, positive, courteous manner at all times with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Handle confidential matters/ information with the appropriate level of sensitivity.
- Perform any related duties and special projects as requested by the Executive Chef.