Call for CVs: Support to Gender Integration in Tanzania
DAI Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About the job
Location: United States, Tanzania
Position Status: Short-term consulting call for CVs
The Integrated Natural Resource Management (INRM) activity provides on-demand support services and technical assistance for USAID Missions, Bureaus, and Independent Offices, and is managed by the Center for Environment, Energy, and Infrastructure (EEI) in the Bureau for Development, Democracy, and Innovation (DDI). INRM supports integrated analysis and programming across development sectors. By using a multi-sectoral lens, INRM seeks to strengthen the impacts of USAID’s core environmental programming by recognizing synergies, adopting best practices, and building broader constituencies for integrated programming. The activity is designed to help USAID operating units achieve higher impact environment programming and to support the uptake of principles and approaches outlined in the Agency’s Environmental and Natural Resource Management Framework .
About The Assignment
INRM anticipates a need for a short-term technical consultancy in the fall of 2022 that will focus on integrating gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) considerations into USAID programming focused on marine conservation, climate resilience, and sustainable fisheries management. The assignment will be based remotely, with anticipated short-term travel to Tanzania.
To facilitate our ability to rapidly staff this consultancy, INRM seeks CVs from interested, qualified consultants.
- Master’s degree in international development, social sciences, environmental sciences, or related field;
- 10 years of experience working at the intersection of GESI and one or more of the following areas:
- conservation, climate change, natural resource management;
- Familiarity with value chain and market systems development approaches;
- Experience working with donors and development stakeholders in East and Southern Africa;
- Experience with USAID program cycle, and familiarity with ADS 205; and
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, fluency in English.