Nzeve Deaf Centre (PVO 22/2005), based in Sakubva, Mutare is a unique organisation of Deaf and hearing people working towards the Deaf community being valued in an inclusive society. Nzeve is based in Mutare but works throughout Manicaland, working with children and youth with disabilities and their families. Nzeve requires a new Director to lead and develop the organisation.
Purpose of the Job. The Director is the key management leader of Nzeve Deaf Centre. The Director
works very closely with the Executive Committee and the Board. The Director is responsible for fundraising for the organization, overseeing the administration, programmes and implementation of the strategic plan. The position reports directly to the Board.
Duties And Responsibilities
Key areas of Job Description
Key areas of Job Description
Governance: Works closely with Nzeve Board and committees to fulfil the organization mission.
• Responsible for communicating effectively with the Nzeve Board allowing them to make informed decisions of policy and fundraising.
• Oversees Executive committee meetings and actively participates in Board operations.
• Responsible for leading Nzeve in a manner that supports the organization’s vision to see the Deaf community valued in an inclusive society by operationalising Nzeve’s Strategic Plan.
Financial Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
• Responsible for fundraising necessary to support Nzeve’s operations.
• Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Nzeve, to include submission to the Board of accurate proposed budgets and financial statements.
• Responsible for fiscal management, operating within the approved budget, with maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
• Develops an actionable plan for Resource Mobilization; engages in project and proposal development; maintains existing relationships and develops new partnerships.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled
• Overall responsibility for strategic planning to ensure that Nzeve can successfully fulfil its mission into the future.
• Ensures implementation of organisation’s programmes and Strategic Plan.
• Maintains ethical standards and accountability, manages risk, performs due diligence and implements best operational practice.
• Builds and leads an effective team dedicated to fulfilling the organization’s mission through highly successful programme implementation, community engagement, and fundraising.
• Serves as Nzeve’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public; actively participates in external events; develops and maintains strategic partnerships in order to enhance Nzeve’s mission and expand the programmes.
• Works with staff and Board on fundraising events, and oversees all external communication materials including, website, marketing materials, newsletters and social media content.
Organization Operations: Oversees resources to ensure that the effectiveness of the organization
• Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
• Responsible for the effective administration of Nzeve operations- signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into on behalf of Nzeve.
• Oversees the daily operations of the organization, and ensures direction of programme strategy, compliance, quality assurance, and programme efficiency.
• Establishes employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the organisation.
• Ensures that the organisation complies with all laws and guidelines governing PVOs.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Board.
Qualifications And Experience
Desired Qualifications and Experience
• At least a degree in social science, education, development or other related field.
• MBA or other relevant Masters are an added advantage
• Disability programme experience is a must.
• 5+ years of senior management experience, preferably with an NGO.
• The candidate must be 35-55 years old.
• Strong public relations, networking, marketing, and fundraising experience
• Demonstrated ability of building and developing teams.
• A passion for Nzeve’s mission and the ability to communicate issues surrounding models of
Disability and Deaf culture.
• Fluency in written and spoken English. Ability in at least one national language. Knowledge of sign language an added advantage. Willingness to learn essential.
• Entrepreneurial mindset, with innovative approach to planning, problem solving. and communications. Able to develop innovative ideas into sustainable plans.
• Ability to think strategically (long term), as well as a hands-on approach with regards to programme execution and administrative issues.
• Dynamic and charismatic team player who enjoys being the public face of an organization. Ability to make good use of meetings, conferences, and social media to promote positive messages about children and persons with disability, and their families.
• Adapts own knowledge and experiences to the environment and diverse populations reached through Nzeve.
• Demonstrated experience in proposal writing, setting and managing budgets
• Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques, data analysis, reporting and budgeting.
• Demonstrates appropriate and excellent presentation skills with positive verbal and non-verbal communication.
How To Apply
Interested suitably qualified and experienced candidates should submit a letter of application and CV (including 3 work related traceable references) addressed to the Recruitment Team email@example.com
Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly include the following in your application letter:
• A paragraph of your experience in each of these areas:
c) fundraising from donor organisations
• Details of a project proposal that you wrote and submitted that led to successfully obtaining funds (1 page maximum)
• Your salary and other benefits expectation.
Females and people with disabilities who have the required qualifications and experience are strongly invited to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline Friday 4th November 2022, at 1700hrs.