Clearing & Forwarding Officers at Lodhia Industries
Lodhia Industries is one of the leading and fastest growing steel & plastic manufacturers in
Tanzania and is currently operating out of two locations, Dar-es-salaam and Arusha. Since the
foundations of the company laid back in 1996, Lodhia Industries has had an utmost dedication
to the highest business standards and ethics and has provided thousands (directly & indirectly) of
jobs with levels of security and benefits unprecedented in the region. A wide range
of CSR initiatives are also undertaken, many of which go unreported. The growth of Lodhia
Industries has directly correlated with an increase in the quality of life in the surrounding
Lodhia Industries Limited is hereby looking for experienced professionals in the following discipline to join our dynamic group.
Positions Clearing & Forwarding Officer (four post)
Job Location Dar es Salaam
Report to Import & Export Manager
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparing documents requirements for clearing consignments both, imports and exports, respond to any changes with TRA systems and customs regulations.
- Ensure that customs documentations for Clearing & Forwarding are well managed.
- Overseeing the clearing and forwarding process to ensure the goods arrive in a timely manner and communicate any obstacles in the clearing process to the management.
- Ensure that there is close follow up of documentation for both import and export, to avoid late documentation charges or storage charges.
- Ensuring proper storage of import documentation such as certificates, PVoC, customs bonds and others.
- Follow up on correspondences between various statutory bodies and other bodies including TRA. Make sure that all taxes are payable to TRA.
- Ensure there is development of relationships with other industry players, customers and Government bodies.
- Prepare a daily progress report and submit it to the supervisor and the management.
- Preparations of Import & Export Declaration Documents
- Customs Imports Declarations for all Company’s Clients
- Follow-up of all customs-related imports Declarations
- Imports Manifest comparison for Company Clients’ Declarations.
- Customs Query replies if any are raised by customs with regards to valuation & HS Codes.
- Compare duties related to all imports, for shipping line officers, customs & operations.
- Updating all import files to Import & Export Manager, with regard to customs status. If needed, in both operation & shipping lines.
- Preparation of exemption documents, for EPZA importations.
- Keeping a record of all clients’ files.
- Any other ad-hoc assignments or projects as when required
- Liaising with Port authorities & customs officials, monitoring compliance with regulatory requirements, and maintaining requisite papers & documents.
- Coordinating with Port Authorities for various requirements connected to the vessels handling at the ports.
- Renewal of relevant licenses for all company-imported listed items and should be conversant with the procedures
- Make follow up with the shipping lines for the booking schedule.
- Bond EPZA 022
- Export Documentations
- Update bond stock-Expected
- Documentation and follow-up of EPZ goods for processing & production –Expected
- Submission of raw materials & product inventories for customs use, i.e. before & after production and processing-Expected
- EPZA goods inventory i.e., product & raw material report to customs Bond officer Expected.
- Monthly return from EPZA bonded
- Generating formula and preparation of export manifest to TRA
Qualifications and Requirements
A Degree or Diploma in Clearing & Forwarding, Custom and Tax management, from a reputable training institution.
Strong, attention to details, good analytical skills, ability to multi-task and high level of integrity, self-driven, innovative, problem solvers, willing to learn, good timekeeper.
Computer literacy with excellent knowledge of MS Office.
Excellent communication skills, Proficiency in spoken and written English and Swahili.
Below 35 years of age.
Previous field/internship/working experience in a similar assignment is an added advantage.
Knowledge on TANCIS and ASYCUDA is required.
Minimum working experiences of 4 years also will be an added advantage.
Excellent interpersonal skills, and a collaborative management style
Experience of working in a multicultural environment.
Multi-tasking, analytical and quick to act.
Organization skills and time management – professional approach to personal time planning and respect for deadlines;
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
At least aged below 35
Able to work comfortably and effectively with or without supervision, either at own initiative or under direction
Interested candidates with the above qualifications should send their CV to Email: [email protected] by 16th September 2023 (closing date).