Facilities Manager – Harare East at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
About the job
The Meetinghouse Facilities Department (MFD) assists individuals and families qualify for exaltation by helping members live the gospel of Jesus Christ. To do this, MFD makes essential gospel teachings, resources, and services accessible to all in a simple and affordable way. This position assists in the prevention of building deterioration and maximize building life through judicious application of operations and maintenance process and standards.
- Prepare and implement operations & maintenance annual plan.
- Scope building renovation projects with the assistance of Project Manager.
- Regularly inspect facilities to ensure compliance to approved standards.
- Manages resources including staff, contractors, and vendors to execute the annual plan.
- Secures contractors and vendors and ensures that work and services meet established specifications.
- Communicates frequently with customers, employees, vendors, and contractors to develop and maintain effective relationships.
- Must hold a current / valid temple recommend and/or be worthy to hold one.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or related field, with at least 5 years’ work experience in related industry.
- Must have 3 or more years in a leadership role leading others.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and must understand and be able to use MS Office applications, department-specific software, and web-based programs.
- Knowledge in facility and property management, construction procedures, business practices, safety and fire codes is key.
- Must be able to plan and execute work to reach desired outcomes/goals.
- Proven front-line management skills in a multi-discipline work environment and ability to manage difficult situations to achieve a positive and appropriate resolution.
- Must be customer service oriented and be able to demonstrate such experience.
- Ability to communicate professionally with employees, priesthood leaders, contractors, and vendors. Must possess sound business, financial acumen, and project management skills.
- Must have a driving license and be willing to travel.