United Arab Emirates
In this role you should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly, will oversee picking, storage, receiving, dispatching, security, maintenance, sanitation, and administrative functions. Ensuring stock availability and shorter lead times.
• Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
• Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution, and maintenance operations
• Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
• Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
• Adhere to all warehousing, handling, and shipping legislation requirements
• Maintain standards of health and safety, and security
• Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system
• Develop and measure cycle count on inventory accuracy as per ABC classification
• Prepare cost saving analysis
• Liaise with clients, suppliers, and transport companies
• Plan work rotations, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
• Orient, coach and motivate warehouse staff
• Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report etc)
• Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
• Collaborate with business to analyze actual and future needs for goods and services to be provided to develop actual or long-term strategies within the Operations team.
• To undertake any additional responsibilities or duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor or Manager commensurate within the position.
Ensure compliance with the company’s Quality Integrated Management and Environmental Health & Safety Management Systems. Implement good safety practices.
BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration or equivalent
Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
Excellent communication skills
Leadership skills and ability manage staff
Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
System Analysis and Evaluation
5 years proven work experience as a Warehouse Manager
with Experience in Logistics and Customer Services
Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)