Unki Mines (Private) Limited, has an exciting position for a Geology Technician who is responsible for reef identification, ore control, underground mapping, rock mass data collection and rock mass monitoring services in underground operations and your role will include: grade control, geotechnical mapping, supervises & coaches subordinates and co-ordinates sampling operations in the mine, to maximize ore flow and prevent dilution.
Safe. Smart. Sustainable. Probably not the first words you typically associate with mining. But Anglo American is not your typical mining company.
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
- Ensuring reef is marked and correct position of mining cut at the start of the mining cycle
- Monitoring and capturing stope widths measurements in MRM Systems
- Coordinating and controlling all stay on reef sampling for accurate reef identification
- Tracking ore movement from sections and eliminate ore dilution
- Performing daily Panel Risk Assessments in active mining panels and ensure adherence to ventilation, rock engineering, and relevant mining standards.
- Maintaining sections updated in terms of geological and geotechnical mapping.
- Capturing and updating plans in MicroStation
- Ensuring support and pillars cutting compliance
- Performing hanging wall borehole camera inspections for structure.
- Conducting regular rock mass classification and joint data collection and updating the databases
- Directing lashing to load to waste or ore
- Footwall cleaned adequately
- Grade of mislaid material
- Response to sampling anomalies
- Recommend support as per support standards
- PPE Requirements
- Equipment requirements/replacements
- Sampling done timeously and to standard
- Diploma in Geology
- Two year’s mining experience.
- Platinum mining prerequisite
Who We Are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet? That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing date: 16 August 2023