Workshop Manager at Afritractors
About the job
Afritractors Zimbabwe is searching for a qualified and experienced workshop Manager with at 3-5 years managerial and technical experience on Tractors and construction equipment. Applicants should be mature, reliable, responsible, have a flexible attitude, able to perform under pressure, have commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work. In addition, applicants should possess superior interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ensure the Service Department achieves budget objective by continual (daily/weekly/monthly) examination of accounts, operating controls and composite figures to allow the necessary improvements and corrective action to be taken where variations occur, to achieve the key results.
- Achievement of gross profit percentages on Labour sales and Parts Sales as agreed in the budget. 3.3. To operate the Service Department efficiently which will be measured by Parts Sales, Parts Availability ,Parts Controls, Labour utilisation, Labour productive efficiency , Overall Labour sales efficiency and Customer Satisfaction.
- Providing technical leadership to all engineering and development areas;
- Developing and executing a workshop strategy for the company;
- Creating sound relationships with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Preparing an annual operating budget for Workshop;
- Managing and controlling costs related to the worshop;
- Keeping track record of services and inventory records;
- Ordering parts and supplies as needed;
- Creating and implementing skills apprenticeship training programmes to ensure a solid human skill capital base for the University;
- Supervising mechanics, technician and monitoring and evaluating apprentices, and
At least a Diploma in or equivalent in Mechanical, automotive engineering.