Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is making reforms in its structure, internal operations and staffing to accommodate business needs. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions: –
POSITION: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT (1 POST)
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Accountancy, Finance, Commerce/Business Administration (majoring in Accountancy or Finance) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Must have at least two (2) years working experience in a competitive business environment
- Must be Computer literate
- Knowledge in the accounting information system, experience in inventory accounting and relevant airline experience will be an added advantage
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives cash and cheques, keeps and makes payments to authorized persons against approved documents;
- Collect and keeps petty cash for payment and for other official use
- Prepare petty cash, cash receipts and maintains petty cash book and passes journal entries
- Prepare and maintain accounting records as per Company Financial regulation
- Ensure that the Agency’s cash and cheques are duly deposited and recommends the best way of handling cash to and from the bank
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements;
- Document financial transactions by entering account information
- Post suppliers’ invoices and prepare payment vouchers
- Prepare revenue accounts schedules and reconciliation
- Prepare monthly payroll slips for each employee, and keeping records and pay- roll registers
- Remit net salaries to the employee’respective banks Accounts or preparations of authorized lists forthose employees to be paid in cash
- Maintain the employees’ ledger for staff advances, loans and duty travel imprests
- Monitor, process and reconcile all inter-billing sales
- Preparation of various accounting schedules as directed by supervisor and
- Perform any other official duty as may be assigned by your supervisor.
Five (5) years contract with remuneration and fringe benefits as per ATCL Scales and Incentive Scheme
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
- Interested applicants must submit a dully signed letter for consideration of the application attached with the following:-
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV),
- Certified copies of all certificates (including secondary school), birth certificate and other relevant certificates/ licenses. Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities Tanzania Commission for University (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA)
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Name and address of at least two reputable referees;
- Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone number.
Note: Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
The application letters should reach the undersigned within fourteen (14) days from the first date of this announcement.
The application letters should be directed to the following address: –
MANAGING DIRECTOR AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 543,
DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submitting the application is 27 December 2021.